The Greater Atlanta Voice Masters
Mini Voice Institute
May 14,2009, 4pm-7pm
Auditorium of Budd Terrace, Wesley Woods Campus,
1833 Clifton Road, Atlanta GA 30329
This program is directed towards laryngectomees and families, speech pathologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, and orolaryngologists. The goals of the program are:
1) participants will understand the changes in breathing in the total laryngectomee
2) Users of artificial larynx will receive skilled instruction from clinician experienced in improving understandability when using instrument.
3) Esophageal voice users will receive instruction in increasing efficiency of producing sound and in reducing noise of ‘clunk’
4) TEP users experiencing difficulties with prosthesis/hands free valve will participate in problem-solving consultation with team of experts.
5) Families and laryngectomees will have opportunity for sharing, discussion, networking, and provision of mutual support.
Trad Wadsworth, MD, Otolaryngologist, The Emory Clinic, Atlanta GA.
Ms Meryl Kaufman, CCC SLP, Speech language pathologist, The Emory Voice Center, Emory Clinic, Atlanta GA
Alma Owens CCC SLP Speech language pathologist, Center for Rehabilitation Medicine, Atlanta GA
Ms Kathleen Presgrove CCC SLP, Emeritus speech language pathologist, Atlanta Speech School, Atlanta GA
Inge Thomas PhD, CCC SLP Speech language pathologist, Veterans Administration medical Center, Atlanta GA
A light dinner will be served. Please RSVP to 404 712 5565 with name, number in your party, and nature of any problems you are having. We want to be sure to answer your questions and provide correct information.
President Greater Atlanta Voice Masters